A candidate for the B.Sc. (General) examination shall be required to offer and be examined in three optional subjects comprising nine papers, and one/two languages as Composition comprising two papers, totaling eleven papers, divided into four papers for Part-I and Part-II and three papers for Part-III according to the following structure: -
|3 Papers (Paper I of each of the three subjects)||1 Paper
|3 Papers (Paper II of each of the three subjects)||1 Paper
|3 Papers (Paper III of each of the three subjects)||——–||3 Papers|
|Total||9 Papers||2 Papers||11 Papers|
|Note 1:-||Each of these papers shall carry 100 marks including 25 marks for practical examination wherever practical examination is prescribed.|
|Note 2:-||A candidate for the B.Sc. (General) examination shall choose any one of the following groups:
|Note 3:-||A candidate shall choose either (a) or (b) for Composition:
Qualification For Admission:
Bachelor Of Science (B.Sc.)
A student may be admitted to the course of instructions for the degree of Bachelor of Science (General/ Honours) if S/he has passed the Intermediate examination in Science of a Board/Council University established or incorporated. by Law, or any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto.
Provided that for admission to the course of instructions for the Honours degree it shall be necessary for a student to have obtained not less than 45% marks at the Intermediate examination in the subject offered for Honours study, or in an allied subject as determined by the Academic Council in case the subject was not prescribed for study at the Intermediate level. In such case a student must have passed Intermediate /Board/ Council or any equivalent examination with an aggregate of 45% marks. Provided that a candidate shall not choose: -
- Mathematics or Statistics unless S/he passed the I.Sc. Examination or equivalent in Maths.
- Physics unless S/he passed the I.Sc. Examination or equivalent in Physics and Maths.
- Chemistry unless S/he has passed the I.Sc. Examination or equivalent in Chemistry with Maths or Biology.
- Botany/Zoology unless S/he has passed I.Sc. examination or equivalent in Chemistry and Botany/Zoology
- Geology unless She/he has passed the I.Sc. Examination or equivalent in Geology or S/he has passed Intermediate examination or equivalent with 45% marks in aggregate. A student may be admitted to Bachelor of Science (General/Honours) in Geology, if S/he has secured at least 45% marks in aggregate at the Intermediate Examination in Science or equivalent thereto.